April 1, 2013

Another baby beanie in the works...



Last week I casted on another Nottingham beanie and this one is for a friend's new baby boy who is coming in May. He is just one of many impending babies in the first half of 2013 and I am again having to keep a list as I did in 2012 so that I can remember them all :)

Last year I made this same beanie in adult size for Terry and it turned out very nice so I am keen to see a mini version of it.



I am using some Morris Estate 8 ply in the Swimming colourway, knitting with the 5mm 60cm circular needles. The yarn is lovely to knit with, soft in the hands and very quick to knit up, even with the fiddly cables. I picked up a few balls of this yarn in different colours at the 2011 Christmas sales in the Morris & Sons Sydney store. I thought they would be perfect for little knits like this one.

This is now going to be my commuting project (mum's shawl is back on the coffee table!) and I have it in a box shaped bag I made about 18 months ago.  I am definitely going to make more of it as it is perfect size for little projects.

Hopefully I will be able to get more done on it this week so I have more baby gifts on the list!

Happy stitching!


No comments :

Post a Comment