|Stall set up done - first edition at 8:57am|
|Then I changed my mind and rearranged a few things.... about 9:14am - Market opened at 9:30am|
|So happy with how the laminated signs and the paper pom poms turned out! Thanks for my sister in-law who helped me putting the pom poms together at 11:30pm the night before!|
|The cupcake display - photo taken by my dear friend Yen...|
|Around 11am... all the sock softies and a few of the cupcakes were gone and I had to rearrange the table a bit.|
|Happy little customers!! This has to be my favourite photo of the day!|
|Then a couple of these guys went to good homes too - I named them Bo the Bear Bear...|
|Here is the lovely Yen|
|This is the lovely Janine!|
|Last and definitely not least, my supportive hubby - and did I say he made the two poles that held up the signs and the pom poms - at 10:30pm the night before?!|
Key notes from yesterday include:
- Met some amazingly talented artists and those I spoke to were all so friendly and supportive and only too happy to share their experiences. As a newbie at this, I was so grateful for their openness.
- I learned that I LOVE talking to people!
- I am blessed with beautiful friends and I have been overwhelmed with their support (many came and those who couldn't, sent me encouraging messages)
- People do really like my stuff!! woohoos! It took me a little while to learn to say thank you when people complimented but I was so chuffed to realise that these people really meant what they said!
- that I really can pull something like this off by myself!! I am so incredibly proud as I can honestly say that this is the first time I have done something entirely off my own bat for my very self. Of course along the way I had help (notably Yen and of course hubby) which I am ever so grateful for...
What's up next? Well, I am still digesting what I experienced from yesterday but one thing for sure, I am pumped! I have been getting some good feedback and great enquiries for custom pieces so I am excited for the follow up work ahead. I won't be diving into another market in the near months as I want to regroup, reflect and plan which I have some great ideas and now just have to put some action plans together - so watch this space.
In the meantime, I am taking next week off actually making the softies but put some thoughts to upcoming plans and follow up work. We also have a friends' wedding, some family visiting next weekend, and perhaps it's really time to focus on the home front as the house is an absolute bomb after weeks of neglect! :)
Life is great - savour it!