January 1, 2013

Hello 2013!

Hello 2013! May this year fill us with happiness and good health and fun crafty adventures!

I love this time of the year, especially when we hadn't made any concrete plans. With the public holidays and the extra couple of days I had off work between Christmas and New Year, I got into some fun crafty stuff... although of course I could have been tidying up the craft room/ office or tackle the 3 months worth of filing etc... but what's the fun in that!?


The Sunnyside baby cardigan is making good progress! I really don't know how big a 6-12 months baby girl is so I am just winging it - nothing like a surprise :)  




Just to mix things up a bit, I decided to have a go at making a couple of new origamis. The Santa is a design by Jacky Chan via this video and the Swallowtail butterfly is a design by Evi Binzinger and demonstrated by Leyla Torres.





I started sketching for a new bag pattern... I got the first draft of the pattern pieces cut out so hopefully I get to start on some sewing soon!


Lastly, I have actually made this little softie last week but not wanting to blog about the finished project just yet. It is a gift for a friend I am catching up with soon so just in case she happens to read the blog before we meet up... so more about this later!

It's going to be great year - I can feel it!!

4 comments :

  1. Just love the baby top, so cute!! Love your origami as well. You certainly dabble in lots of different crafts. Have fun.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda, thanks for sharing the origamis. I think my girls will really like the butterfly and i'm going to try making them. Also love that you have photos of you in the post which makes it more personal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yen! I love origami spirit's demo videos, she is so talented. I am sure your girls will love some butterflies. They will be very pretty if you string them up too

      Delete