December 26, 2012

A new baby in the family!


With the recent arrival of a new baby girl in our extended family (and what a wonderful Christmas present!), I jumped at the opportunity to start on the Sunnyside baby cardigan by Tanis Fiber Arts. I am using a skein of 4 ply Touch merino yarn I bought at the Craft & Quilt Fair in June this year and a pair of Hiya Hiya Sharp 100cm circular in 3.75mm. The cable is a bit long but it's the only one I have and it is not too much in the way.

I am in the middle of the first chart repeat and so far so good although I do have to concentrate. The yarn is very nice and soft and the colours are perfect for a little girl. I am making the 6-12 months size in time for her first winter.

Whilst winter is still a few months away, I want to finish this in early January so that mum can take it with her when she visits bub and the new parents.

So I'd better get cracking... happy stitching!

No comments :

Post a Comment