November 13, 2011

Moggy Doggy socks by Stranded in Oz


I have been a little preoccupied with the Moggy Doggy socks by Stranded in Oz and I am very happy with how my first sock is turning out! The yarn is so soft and smooth and the semi solid colours are so pretty...

Like the shrug, I really want these socks to fit me properly and as I have particularly small feet for an adult, I made extra effort to test the gauge. I measured my feet and measured again, read up on how to do colour work, etc... I ended up purchasing a pair of 2mm Addi Turbo circular as I didn't feel confident adjusting the charts to fit me.

I am so excited to see that the doggy paw on the heel is looking like it should - yay! and the sock is fitting perfectly - double yay!

Next challenge is the leg charts... fingers crossed : )













2 comments :

  1. Hey! It's growing nicely! And thank you so much for your help and questions. It means a lot to me that you took the time to let me know what wasn't right. Enjoy knitting your Moggy Doggy Socks. Looking really great. Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mel! and so happy that you dropped by :) I ask lots of questions all the times, can get annoying sometimes ;) but that's how I learn best.

    ReplyDelete