October 12, 2011

My first sock club - Stranded in Oz

A few weeks ago I had this strong urge to find an Aussie indie dyer and after spending hours scrolling through many pages on google search, I found Stranded in Oz by Melissa Deutsch Scott. They have Yarn & Fibre clubs and I love how you can join anytime. I signed up for the Part II of FAB FOUR PLY (Fingering Wt) SOCK KNITTERS Club straight away. This is my first yarn club and I was giddy with excitement. As soon as my order went through, I got an email from Melissa telling me that she was overseas but would get on with my order as soon as she got home. I really like how I was kept up to date.

So last week I got a message from Melissa telling me that my order was on its way! I was just so excited and also really pleased with the great service I got from her. She got the order to me quickly and she added a few goodies!! Apart from the Moggy Doggy socks kit, she threw in some extra HiyaHiya DPNs (I didn't have these sizes), a really cute HiyaHiya puppy snips (I never heard of this product before and it's so cute!) and TWO stitch markers (doggy bone and a pair of cats). There is also a Stranded in Oz bag too! Oh did I say the yarn is gorgeous? They are, they are extremely soft and the colours are beautiful. I haven't had a chance to take a good look at the pattern yet but this will be my first proper colour work in knitting! Thanks Melissa!







I am keen to start the socks so I have to hurry to finish the Liliaceae shawl and I also signed up to knit the One Skein Knit Shrug along with Stefanie Japel via Craftsy. I feel like I am surrounded by yarny goodness!!


On this note, I am going to work out how to do these short rows for the Liliaceae shawl!


No comments :

Post a Comment