But as soon as I pulled out the balls of cotton from the kit and read the pattern, I changed my mind... I don't know why but I did. I just started crocheting in the round, increased evenly each round until I liked the size of the base. I also decided to make two handles rather than one across the basket.
Two hours later I got one made. There is still half a ball left so I decided to make a mini basket, together with some leftover grey colour cotton from the Roma Bag.
The result are these two sturdy baskets:
|They look similar size here but the little one can actually sit inside the big one|
|Perfect size for a knitting or crochet project. It also fits a paperback and some knitting nicely|
|The mini basket holds loads of bits and bobs.|
|Also good for small projects like amigurumis and motifs.|