July 31, 2011

A big basket and a mini basket

I felt like a really quick project this weekend so I decided to make the basket by Hoooked Zpagetti, a kit I bought when I went to the Craft Expo in March this year.

But as soon as I pulled out the balls of cotton from the kit and read the pattern, I changed my mind... I don't know why but I did. I just started crocheting in the round, increased evenly each round until I liked the size of the base. I also decided to make two handles rather than one across the basket.

Two hours later I got one made. There is still half a ball left so I decided to make a mini basket, together with some leftover grey colour cotton from the Roma Bag.

The result are these two sturdy baskets:

They look similar size here but the little one can actually sit inside the big one
Perfect size for a knitting or crochet project. It also fits a paperback and some knitting nicely
The mini basket holds loads of bits and bobs.
Also good for small projects like amigurumis and motifs.

No comments :

Post a Comment