May 15, 2011

Crocheting on the plane


My sister in-law asked me a couple of months ago to make a winter hat for little girl. I came across the cutest hat for a little girl and decided that this would be perfect for little Georja. The pattern I chose is Petite Purls Little Sister by Linda Permann.

The weather here turned suddenly from autumn brisk cool air to freezing starting roughly a week & half ago so I thought I'd better get cracking on this hat. I started it a day before we had to go to Melbourne for a wedding. I checked the Virgin Blue's rules and I found out that I could knit & crochet on the domestic flights. See also this. So I packed a little project bag, brought a cheap hook (just in case). I got through security without any problem and no one said anything to me about it when I was crocheting on the plane. I think this is a very exciting discovery, at least for me anyway as I had once had some nice knitting needles confiscated at Brisbane airport coming back to Sydney... that was a few years ago but I learned my lesson!

Anyway, since I was able to take the project with me on that long weekend, I finished the hat very quickly!

I used some of the beautiful soft Bendigo Woollen Mills Luxury 8 ply and it crocheted up very quickly.

Hopefully some decent photos of Georja wearing the hat are not too far away...

No comments :

Post a Comment