May 15, 2011

Bendigo Woollen Mills

Next on the list was my parcel from the Bendigo Woollen Mills! I had known about this wonderful shop for a while now but since I didn't make much garments, I never had the need to look for really good quality yarns...

Until now... lately I have been drawn to making cowls and in my research I came across this Big Herringbone Cowl by Whits Knits... I printed out the article and I drooled over photos of this beautiful cowl for days on end! I was however afraid to take the plunge as I tend to lose interest in big projects (only those with the same stitch pattern). I studied this pattern for a bit and decided that learning this herringbone pattern should keep me interested, I think... anyway I dug out some old Bendigo Woollen Mills shade cards I picked up from a craft show a couple of years ago and decided to go for it. I also had help to validate my choice of yarn, who better than the Retro Mummy! Corrie kindly and patiently answered my silly questions.

Long story short (relatively), here is the parcel I got... so exciting! Especially while I was working on some extremely boring spreadsheets at work...


I got one ball of the Luxury 8 ply in Lotus (more on this in the next post...) and two balls of the Luxury 10 ply in Stone (should be nice and soft for the cowl!).

This is the first time I ordered from the Bendigo Woollen Mills and won't be my last time! They are Australian, very high quality, great range, excellent value and best of all speedy delivery! I am now on their mailing list and I think some disciplined is required so I don't go crazy : )

So watch this space for progress on this big cowl...

No comments :

Post a Comment