July 8, 2012

Some new knitting projects...

This week I started a couple of knitting projects. It's unusual for me to have more than 2 on the go but I needed to (of course I did)... two babies are due this month, actually one was born yesterday (whooper 9.5 pounds! cute little girl).

So on Monday I started the Puerperium cardigan, my first cardigan of all time, so I am pretty chuffed to see that it is turning out like a cardi :) I am using Morris Estate 8ply in Nasturtium (a shade of orange). I wanted a gender neutral colour so thought something this bright would be perfect. I got a handful of Morris Estate 8 ply yarns in a few different colours from my local yarn shop Morris & Sons at their December sale.


Then this morning, after a small silent panic session last night as a result of being told about the arrival of the 9.5 pounds bubba, I decided to cast on a little beanie. This is the Swirl Hat pattern by Mandie Harrington. I am using the one ball of Filatura Di Crosa Zara Print Melange (merino superwash) my friend brought back for me from Italy. It's really soft and squishy and nice to knit with. The pattern has called for 4ply but I don't mind it being a little larger so I thought this yarn would be perfect.

I am also running through another softie pattern in my head and working on an amigurumi (slowly)... wouldn't it be nice to have more time!!!!


Anyhoo - just off to knit some more now!

No comments :

Post a Comment