June 17, 2012

Craft & Quilt Fair 2012

Yesterday my mother in-law and I went to the Craft & Quilt Fair at the Sydney Convention Centre. Whilst the weather was rainy and cold, we had a really good time at the fair - of course - after all we were like kids in a toy store!

As with previous times, I brought home some goodies and they make me so happy!! I stuck to the budget and even picked up things I need.



Melissa of Stranded in Oz kindly sent me one free entry ticket to the fair and I made sure to visit her booth which had her signature pretty yarns. I picked up some soy silk yarn and I can't wait to search for appropriate patterns for it. 


Couldn't really walk pass the Touch booth without buying a skein!


I got some self-locking clamps (I think they are the non-medical version of the hemostats) which will come in really handy with turning small toy parts. 


I got a 1/4" seam foot for my sewing machine and a 4.5" square ruler so I really don't have any more excuses not to start my first quilt. I certainly have enough fabrics to start one!

Apart from the great remnants I picked up from the Kelani Fabric booth (pictured above), the fat quarters from Lyn's Fine Needlework were great finds too!


No one can have enough felt pieces right?

Now I need to get back to some crafting....

No comments :

Post a Comment