February 19, 2012

Odie the Blue Bunny - an amigurumi pattern

Odie the Blue Bunny is my latest amigurumi creation and my first free pattern. I designed this for a friend's new baby boy who was born in November 2011.

He is extremely huggable and a perfect mate for anyone at any age.


I fell in love with the world of amigurumi in 2008 and started making up my own creatures in 2009 (cause I kept missing count then deviating from the patterns) but I only started to make an effort to write them down since March 2010. The first one was Pheobe the Tiger. The last 12 months seemed to have gone way too quickly and I got distracted by other crafty techniques including knitting and sewing. One of my to-dos in 2012 is to start documentating and sharing my amigurumi patterns.

So this is kind of like a debut for me :) My blog doesn't really have a following of the yarn crafting community type that I know of so I don't know how far this pattern will be shared but I do hope that someone will give it a go so I know how I write do better.

Odie's pattern in PDF can be found here.

I am still working on the rest of the animals from the Chinese zodiac signs which hopefully more will be made up this year.

No comments :

Post a Comment