November 20, 2011

Shrug knit-along - finished!!

This week I finished the Craftsy workshop by Stefanie Japel.  I have had heaps of fun knitting along and I am actually surprised at my progress. I would highly recommend the workshops and the online classes (I enrolled into the Quilting Quickly classes too) by Craftsy. This workshop is free so perfect opportunity to try out a learning experience like this. I had questions along the way and they were answered quickly by Stefanie who is very friendly and supportive. I also found comments by other people in the group very helpful.

This shrug has inspired me to venture out of the accessories & softies comfort zone I thought I would never get out of and try making other garments. Eventually and all in good time...

Meanwhile I am very chuffed with this result : )






I was just going to just wear a tee shirt with the shrug but my photographer (aka hubby) insisted that I put on something nice on to compliment the shrug... and I think he is right as it looks nice enough for a night out! Although not in this heat...



I did worry about running out of yarn! In the end, I had 10 grams left out of a 200 grams ball!





So happy.... summer has just started in Sydney and we have had sweltering heat already... this week I found myself wishing for cooler weather to come sooner!

No comments :

Post a Comment