November 30, 2011

Christmas sewing...

This year I decided to give the 3 older nieces handmade gifts.

I had always steered clear from making gifts for Christmas to avoid that "rushing to deadline" feeling... especially when there could be so many to make for. I am also very pedantic when it comes to picking gifts, they have to be meaningful, fitting to the personality or useful. So when I really ran out of ideas from the commercially available (& reasonably priced) pool for their age group (10 - 14) this year, I decided to make them these purses & bag. Hopefully these lovingly handmades will fit in with their activities : )

I used the Zip Pockets purse pattern by Keyka Lou. 
well, slightly wonky but i unpicked it twice already and Terry assured me that it looks good! 
Doh! I forgot to take pics of the inside of this purse! I used the Chic Chain purse pattern by U-Handbag. 
yep, this one too, double doh!! oh well, it has matching lining with a pocket inside...
This is just a basic pattern I whipped up... 
The last bag is just a simple pattern I whipped up in rectangular shape. It has two handles and a 4cm gusset on the bottom. It is big enough for a hardcover book or some paperbacks books and some other bits and pieces.

I booked the tickets for mum to come down - another tick!

Ah... I am relax a bit now and head back to the day job tomorrow... next is to put up the tree...

No comments :

Post a Comment