October 2, 2011

Pressie from NZ


Well actually from in-laws. They went to New Zealand recently for an well earned overdue holiday and they came home with a skein of Touch Hand Painted yarn for me : ) How lucky am I!

It's 60% merino, 30% possum and 10% nylon in a red & orange colour way. There is 210 yards in one skein so I should be able to make a pair of mitts or socks or maybe a cowl. The skein is incredibly soft. I had never heard of possum yarn until this year when I picked up a skein at the Rosehill craft expo in March which I am using for the Liliaceae shawl. I have since read up on how possum yarns are made, I feel a little better that possums were not killed to just give human yarns! There is a controlled culling process in place in NZ as they are considered pest and threatening other animals like the kiwis that are close to being endangered.

Anyway I have added this beautiful yarn to my stash on Ravelry and can't wait to find a nice pattern for it.



No comments :

Post a Comment