June 13, 2011

Mum's cowl


When my mum saw the cowl de printemps I finished the other week, she promptly decided that she needed a cowl too. Except she wants something that's wide enough to cover her shoulders. So I scrolled through Raverly and found the Impatience cowl pattern designed by Swampette.

I rummaged through my ever growing stash of yarn and found these three balls of Busse Wolle yarn. From what I can work out from the label, it’s called Vicuna and it's 100% alpaca. I got given these from a friend who had to move overseas some years ago. I believe she got these from Hong Kong. They are just so soft and black is my mum's colour. Personally I am not a big fan of black but it's for her and I know she will like this.

So I decided to cast on 240 stitches instead of the 180 in the pattern to make sure that it fits mum (since I don't have her here to do proper measurement). I am using the Knitpro Harmony 4mm wooden circular needles (60cm) but I am starting to think the Nickel ones might be better for this yarn. Simply because I can't see the black colour yarn properly... These are all interchangeable so I can easily unscrew the tips, I will see how I go after a few more rows I think.

Hopefully I can finish this in time for end of June as I am making a quick trip to Brisbane to visit mum then.

On that note, it's time I quit surfing the net and get back to knitting : )

No comments :

Post a Comment