June 13, 2011

Cabled beanie

I can't believe it has been two weeks since I last blogged, where has the time gone?

Well whilst the time went quickly, my crafting hasn't and I have only managed to finish one thing - the cabled beanie.


I casted on 96 stitches rather than the 72 stitches the pattern has called for as the baby I am giving this to is a big bubba. Anyway I think it has turned out nicely. I have enjoyed this pattern a lot although it wasn't all smooth sailing and it was just me not paying attention.

When I noticed the mistakes, 10 rows down, I thought I could fix this easily surely... just drop the stitches were the mistakes are and pick them up again right? ahmm, no not really... anyway after spending a few hours trying to unpick and pick up the stitches to their rightful places, I realised it wasn't going to work. It looked awful! I asked Terry what he thought, if I should just pull it out... : ( he looked at me sympathetically and said "babe you know you will only be happy if all the stitches are the way they should be." So I did. He watched as I pulled out 10 rows with a sad face.

Fast forward a few days and this story has a good happy ending! : )

No comments :

Post a Comment