December 4, 2010

I have been slack...

Well, it has been more than a month since I last blogged! I hadn't realised it has been that long until I looked at the date of the last post.... What have I been doing? I often wondered why I seem so busy, anyway, I would be here for a long time if I started wondering about that and nothing would be written up.

So it was at the end of October that I was hyperventilating because I hadn't started on any Christmas shopping. Since that post, I really knuckled down and 3.5 weeks later I had all the pressies, all except one as Hubby said he will get that one this week (BMX gloves for our 5 year old nephew) as he will check out a dirt bike shop near his workshop. I don't imagine that is much of a chore for him! Today I did all the wrapping and they look great. A sea of red! Then I sorted them so I can just gradually post them to their respective homes in other parts of Australia.



I have also managed to finish some of those projects I had on the go last time...

A pair of socks using the "knooking" technique, they turned out good!



I made some progress on the toe-up socks using the 2 at the time on a circular needle technique by Melissa Morgan-Oakes. I surprised myself how much I enjoyed knitting with these circular needles! I  didn't fully followed Melissa Morgan-Oakes' techniques with the heels as I found all the wrapping too complicated for me so I used the Priscilla Wild's Short Row Heel technique instead.

Hopefully back to more crafting!

Until next time!

No comments :

Post a Comment