February 7, 2010

Mad about yarn

Yes, ok, I confess - I have a yarn addiction... Plus I am also embarrassed about the state of my room, yarn wise. I have neglected the yarn in my life and my favourite craft - amigurumi, due to my recent obsession with sewing, cute fabric and sock softies... tsk tsk

Anyway, it's high time to get back to amigurumi and I have been having lots of ideas, both in my head and my drawing book. So I cleaned my room this weekend - at least the yarn corner anyway. I have also been given two bags of yarn by Thuy (my new friend) who is going to live in Singapore... I am going to miss her!

Before...



I don't know what others do with a ball of yarn that's 2/3 of its original... cause I love the look of professional shop bought yarn but after you have used 1/3 of it, it is not in the same shape anymore and looks so messy. Yes, I also confess that I have OCD... just slightly although those close to me may say otherwise but who is asking them huh? I want the yarn to look neat so I unwind all the "2/3" balls and rewind them to neat little balls.

After...


All together now...


Phew... just a couple of shelves to go to house the yarn and other bits and pieces. Like I said, this is just the yarn corner... but I am lucky enough to have a full size built in wardrobe in this room that's also full of fabric/ sewing stuff/ rubber stamps/ craft books etc etc etc... and also messy... an entry for another day...

In the meantime, I will invade the lounge room coffee table - another reason why I love crocheting/ knitting so much as it is so portable!

Until next time, take care and blog soon! xx

No comments :

Post a Comment