March 2, 2013

I am still here!!!

Just been busy with the Dreamers Markets preparation... in fact, I have done nothing else in the past two weeks. There is a write up about me on their website here too - can't help to blush reading about myself on someone else' blog!

I took last week off the day job to experience the joy of being a creative working from home person - I must say I have been loving it! Nevertheless, this fun fairy tale is coming to an end (like a holiday) as I am heading back to work on Monday... back to the normal routine.

So apart from getting heaps done and my fingertips are a little sore, one of the major highlights has been the photo shoot session with a great friend, creator of the Food For Four blog, yesterday. Here are some from the almost 250 photos she took. You can really see the difference between these and those I have been taking using my iPhone and the good old Olympus point-and-shoot camera!





 



I know I have been dedicating a lot of time (98% of my spare time actually) at this but I am really enjoying it. I am learning a lot of new things from honing in my hand sewing techniques to thinking outside of the square to having a peek at what it really means to market and promote yourself. 

The market is two weeks away from today (squeal with excitement and trepidation!) and I feel that my preparation is on track... although of course there are always things I can do or would like to do as well. It has already been such an insightful experience, I can't wait for the big day to come!


2 comments :

  1. Hi Amanda, it was heaps of fun and I really enjoyed. Any time your softies wants a photo shoot just let me know.
    The girls wanted to look through the photos of your cute toys and they can't wait for market day to get their hands on one. We're looking forward to the marke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yen! These lucky softies have gotten a taste of stardom, they would be tripping over themselves to be in front of the camera again!

      Delete