October 19, 2011

Craftsy and their classes and workshops

I recently discovered Craftsy and signed up on their Quilting Quickly I & II online classes. I had always thought that quilting was one of those things I admired but no way I would have enough patience to actually do. So when I discovered these online classes, I must admit I was curious. I think the fact that a dear friend has been trying to convince me to quilt with her also sparked the interest further.

So I got hooked with Quilting Quickly I and been watching II. I really like the teacher Jenny Doan's relaxed teaching style and she makes everything look so easy!

I have not been able to stopped looking at the many online quilting shops, I also visited a couple of my local shops and asked if my existing machine would be sufficient etc etc Then at the same time thinking this is just going to be another obsession I am going to have!

For now though, I have been restrained enough to just look (I call that research) as the logical me knows there are so many more knitting, crocheting and other sewing projects I want to do...

While I am on the subject of Craftsy, I found out about their new Workshops and I am participating in the One Skein Knit Shrug knit along with Stefanie Japel. This is where I am at so far. It's actually not as hard as I thought! I am using Bendigo Woollen Mills Luxury 10 ply in the Stone colorway.


Happy crafting...

No comments :

Post a Comment