September 4, 2011

The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs


This week I also finished Kate Jacobs' The Friday Night Knitting Club. Wow, I didn't expect how much I would like the book. I heard about this book from one of the many podcasts I listen to and thought sounded like something I would like so I got it.

I didn't expect The Friday Night Knitting Club, a novel, to have such a powerful & inspirational message. Without giving too much away, it's about a group of women from different walks of life forming a sisterhood through their Friday night knitting club. With the support of each other, they get through their own life struggles. The idea is not original but I didn't see the twist of the story line coming and felt a bit sad (happy sad)... well, that's real life I suppose, things aren't rosy all the times and you just have to deal with them.

I am almost half way through the second book Knit Two and for fictional characters, they seem very real to me. I am not literature expert but I do love to read and can be a fussy reader but to me Kate Jacobs is such an engaging writer and I have found myself really drawn to her stories. I just realised that there is a 3rd book called Knit the Season which I am on the look out for now.





No comments :

Post a Comment