June 26, 2010

Sockie success!

One sock done, another one to go. It is a bit bumpy and holey but I did it by knooking no less so I am pretty excited about this. The yarn I have used here is Patons Merino Deluxe DK in Chestnut colour. It is nice and warm. At the start I was worried that it was getting bigger and bigger as I was still getting used to the technique but it turned out to be the right size for me! Phew... Well, the challenge now is to make the 2nd one the same - I tend to have this nasty habit of making the "2nd one" different, be it the 2nd arm, 2nd leg or 2nd ear... Anyway, I will give it a go, especially now that I have nutted out the steps for a whole sock thanks to the Knooking group on Raverly.

The plan after this test run is to make a pair for hubby using the new Cleckheaton Country Silk 8 ply yarn I bought recently. Hopefully I will be quicker then.

Until next time... 

No comments :

Post a Comment